Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beach Bungalow Inspiration - USC36

It's Wednesday, and time for another Unity Addicts Challenge!! This week is my turn to pick, and I picked a Color Inspiration challenge (again...I {{love}} color, and almost always start my projects by choosing colors)! I find color inspiration EVERYWHERE. A tag off my clothes, the paint on a building, colors in nature... or a photo from a magazine article (which is where today's challenge came from):
(Image is from Martha Stewart Living) Isn't that just the most darling little bungalow kitchen?? I think it would be hard to be grumpy in a kitchen with these bright, sunny, fun colors. My challenge to the Unity girls was to make a project using the colors in this photo: Turquoise, tangerine, yellow, and lots of white. Here's what I came up with (thanks to the fortuitous arrival of my May KOTM...OMGosh, I {{LOVE}} it!!):
I have to say, I was totally jazzed about the idea to make the sentiment coming out of the chimney like a little thought bubble! *grins*

I paper-pieced the house out of scraps from my scrap bin, adding the hearts with foam tape for some dimension. I stamped the sentiment directly onto my card base (using a Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement), and then again onto a scrap of So Saffron to paper-piece the 'home', and colored in the hearts and doodles with my Prismacolor pencils. I tied on the ribbon and added the house with some more foam tape, then I drew the 'bubble' around the sentiment and the little bubbles leading from the chimney with a ZIG Writer.

Have a fantastic day! Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Classic White (Amuse); So Saffron (SU!); blue DP (Basic Grey 'Urban Prairie'); red CS (Bazzill); orange wood stain sample (Sherwin Williams)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black (Tsukineko)
Stamps: May KOTM '...Another Sweet Day' (Unity Stamp Company)
Other: Prismacolor Artist Pencils - Scarlet Lake, Yellowed Orange, and Light Aqua (Sanford); Tangerine Tango striped grosgrain (SU!); foam mounting tape (3M); black ZIG Writer

7 comments:

Jenn said...

CUTE!! I want those stamps so bad, adorable card

Shannon said...

You seriously used a paint sample on your card? That is so clever!!!! I love this card, so cute....I don't have much time for challenges these days, but hopefully after we get moved and settled into our new place and I have my very own scrap room!!!!

Sherry Campbell said...

Awesome card, Michelle!! I really can't wait to get my hands on that kit!

Chris S. said...

The sentiment coming out of the chimney is such a great idea. Good job, Michelle!

Melinda aka Passionfruit said...

fabulous card as always! I look forward to the next posting!

Karen said...

This is such a great card!!! I love what you created with your May KOTM!! :)

Erin Kersh said...

It is a darling bungalow kitchen, but not as darling as your card. It has been awhile since I checked out your work and I enjoyed catching up on what I missed.