Friday, April 17, 2009

Hard Workout *wink* ...just some funnies to share!

So, the boys have both been sick on/off this week...which means I haven't had many breaks, and *no* chances to go to the gym (which I only joined last week). In an attempt to keep up my new habit, I've been doing workouts at home. Which is challenging. (Just try doing a workout with a 2 1/2 year old 'helping' you by climbing on your back while you do pushups, or sitting on your tummy during crunches, or bouncing on your fitness ball as you attempt a pike, and you'll see what I mean! LOL) Today, I decided to try a new video, and Daniel (my 4 1/2 yo) was my cheerleader/coach, echoing the trainer on the video. Near the end of the video, the chipper little workout lady suggested a way to 'take it up a notch' and I said "What is she, kidding??". To which Daniel replied (in the perfect deadpan that only a 4 1/2 year old with no understanding of sarcasm can use) "No, Mommy, I don't think she was kidding. You should keep doing it". LOL!! That kid seriously cracks me up! *grins*

After I finished, I went to get some water and lunch for Daniel (who hadn't eaten yet), and returned to find Jonathan (the 2 1/2 y.o.) like this:
Poor kid. Must've been a hard workout *wink*

I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

3 comments:

lori vliegen said...

this is TOO cute...and personally, i think that Jonathan has the right idea!! next time, will you post some of the photos of the kids bouncing on your fitness ball while you attempt a pike?! or perhaps the kids climbing on your back while you do push-ups?!
hee hee :)

thanks for the laughs...i needed that! :)

Chris S. said...

Good for you! It isn't easy staying in shape with little ones around! I have no little ones (other than yours), though, and I still can't do a push-up. :-)

Shannon said...

Daniel is too much, I mean TOO much! I love that little guy. You will have to send him to CO to entertain me. What will I do after we leave? Did you book your plane tickets to come visit yet?