Saturday, May 23, 2009

Oh What Fun!

Just a quick post...I wanted to share this simple little card I made using some of my new(ish) Amuse stamps. It's so fun inking up new rubber!! And, I made it for no reason at all. It's been a while since I stamped without doing it for a challenge, or a tutorial, or MOPS, or a blog hop, or.... It was so nice just to PLAY!

The card base is a standard A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"), using Amuse's Classic White card stock. I love that stuff...it's super sturdy, and stands up to being a card base easily, even if you load it down with embellishments. I stamped a circular pattern along the edge using PTI's Lemon Tart ink. Above the yellow stamped border, I stamped the sentiment using my Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement.

On a scrap of the white, I stamped the pinata image, and colored it in with Prismacolor pencils. That was added to a punched square of yellow and a scalloped square of Tangerine Tango using foam tape, and they were all added to the card with another layer of foam tape. To finish it all off, I tied on some Tangerine Tango striped grosgrain. QAS and EPLS! (that's Quick And Simple and Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy, in case you were wondering *wink*)

Have a fantastic weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Classic White CS (Amuse); Tangerine Tango (SU!); Yellow 'solid' DP (BasicGrey)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black (Tsukineko); Lemon Tart Palette Perfect Match (PaperTrey Ink)
Stamps: "Pinata" and "Oh What Fun!" (Amuse); "Clear Pattern Stamps" (Martha Stewart Crafts)
Other: Foam tape (3M); Tangerine Tango ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig (SU!)

6 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

That's adorable! I love the little pinata stamp!

Jamee said...

your card is so adorable!

Bonnie said...

So very sweet! Love that little Pinata!!

Chris S. said...

Glad you had fun!

lori vliegen said...

i LOVE this QAS card michelle! you always make your cards look so EPLS, even though i know i'd have a hard time coming up with such fabulous designs!
YRG (You Rock Girl)!!

hee hee :)
have a great weekend with your sweet family!

Melinda aka Passionfruit said...

oh, let's use this one for the next Juices stamp-a-thon! It is so cool and versatile and QAS & EPLS!