Monday, May 26, 2008

a day to remember

...those who have served and are serving our country, and to give them our thanks, not that we can ever give them thanks enough. Included in that list are my brother (currently in Turkey...LOVE YOU BRANDON!), my father (who was on a Naval sub in the 1970s), and my grandfather (who served in the 'forgotten war', a.k.a. the Korean war), among other relatives whose history I, sadly, do not know better. Definitely something I need to look into, and hopefully record so that my boys will have it written down to remember in the future, and to know what their family has done for this great country.

I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day, wherever you are...if you're in the U.S., that you get to enjoy the day with family and/or friends, and that you take just a minute or two to think about, pray for, and thank our troops. For our troops here and overseas...THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!!

1 comment:

Buddy's Girl said...

That was beautiful, It is very true our boys need more "thank yous" I can't tell you how Blesses I am to be a part of your wonderful family! I love you sis