Friday, January 30, 2009

HHT - "Bright & Bold" Unity

Did you Hip Hop yesterday? I didn't get to spend much time chatting, but I did make a card for the 'Bright and Bold Unity' challenge (and used Amber's VLVJan03 sketch!). Today is typically our Hip Hop Hangover blog hop, but since the Unity crew has been gone all week and is busy catching back up, there may not be a post on the Unity blog...you can still see everyone who is participating, though, by going to {this thread} in the Unity Friends forum. Now, on to the card! *grins*
(Some of you might not think this is all that bright, but trust me, it IS! Well, except for the So Saffron base...I chose that from the stripey paper to tone down the rest a *tiny* bit! *wink*)

I started with a standard A2 card base in So Saffron, and found the strip of punched Tempting Turquoise in my scrap bin that matched the DP I used. I cut the pink-and-red polka dot DP to match the scrap, then cut a 3 3/4" x 5" panel of the striped DP to put behind it. (The dotted paper/scalloped strip combo is popped up with foam tape.)

I stamped these adorable two images from the November KOTM 'Enjoy YOUR STORY...laugh' onto scraps of So Saffron, punched them with my 1 1/4" circle punch, and colored them in with Prismacolors, adding white around the edges so they'd really 'pop'. I stamped "delightful" onto a strip of the So Saffron (used stamped-off-once Tempting Turquoise), added a silver snap to the end, and adhered it to the case (following the sketch). Then I attached the three circles with foam tape for dimension.

I think it came out super cute...I really should play with these kinds of colors more often! I tend to lean toward the more muted/earthy colors, but I love how happy the bright colors make me lately! (To see the other "Bright and Bold" challenge cards, check out {this thread} in the Unity forum)

Have a wonderful Friday everyone! Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: 'Make Merry' and 'Play' DP from the Celebrate by Michelle Coleman line (Fancy Pants); So Saffron CS (SU!)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black (Tsukineko), Tempting Turquoise (SU!)
Stamps: 'Enjoy your story...laugh' November KOTM (Unity Stamp Co)
Other: pewter snap (Making Memories); foam mounting tape (3M); circle punch (SU!); scalloped edge punch (Martha Stewart Crafts); Prismacolor pencils

4 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

Very pretty! I like the colors and the little bird.

Jacqueline said...

Very pretty cards Michelle!!

lori vliegen said...

hi michelle...i've been out of town for a day and trying to catch up! your cards are great...love the colors! and...you were at CHA?! ooh, what i wouldn't give to spend some time (like two weeks time!!) strolling up and down those aisles!! i'm a tim holtz groupie, too..that must have been fun watching him at work! i love that grungeboard...just wish i knew what i want to do with it! thanks for sharing all of your photos! :)

Lori said...

Now I gotta get that kit out too and ink it up! LOVE IT!