Wednesday, January 21, 2009

USC20 - Favorite Bookmark

Yes, it's Wednesday, it's a Unity Addicts challenge day, and I'm late with my post AGAIN. *sigh*

On the upside, this one only took me about 10 minutes, uploading the photos included! *wink* Sometimes, it all just works for you, KWIM? The challenge this week was to make a themed bookmark, using a favorite book for inspiration. Obviously, my most recent favorite book(s) has been the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers, so here it is:I cut a 2" x 5" piece of acetate from a ShortCuts clear sheet, and stamped Royal Day onto it using Stazon Jet Black ink. Then I stamped 'together forever' from Unity's January KOTM 'Love, etc.' onto a scrap of textured red CS, trimmed is down, corner-rounded the edges, and added an adhesive rhinestone. I punched the CS and the acetate, tied through some red satin ribbon (by Club Wedd from Target), and I was D-O-N-E, done.

Make sure you go check out the other girls' creations in the Unity Addicts Challenge thread! Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

this is very cool!!! Love it!!

Maria said...

super cool idea! Nice job

Eve said...

Michelle-
I LOVE it!
Did you link it back to the TTIC page?
http://twilighttuesday.com/
Wonderful work!

Latisha said...

so beautiful!

Lisa Hetrick said...

Can't tell you how much I love the acetate stamping. Just love this bookmark.

lori vliegen said...

that red really pops great against the pretty black background design! looks great! :)