Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rock Star double Julia S challenge

Another double challenge card for the Dare to Get Dirty challenge!! Actually, this one fits two Julia S challenges...the weekly Ways to Use It challenge (this week's WT176 was to use a negative image), and the DTGD challenge of stitching on a card.
For my negative image, I used my big circle punch (mega? giga? I can't ever remember which is which...) to put a window in the front of my card, and then also used the negative chipboard piece from a star I had used in a previous project. For the DTGD challenge, I back-stitched around the circle to emphasize my focal point. Unfortunately, I didn't have any thread that matched, so I used yellow thread, and inked it with Always Artichoke to match the dark green polka dots...it works, but I'll warn you that you'll have some very inky fingers! LOL

Hope you enjoy! Off to do more challenges! (I think I may be addicted! *wink*)
Until later,
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Brocade Blue and Night of Navy cardstock (SU!); polka dot dp (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Always Artichoke (SU!)
Stamps: none!
Other: Adirondack Paint Dabbers in Lettuce (Ranger); Grungeboard alphabet (Tim Holtz); On Board chipboard star/circle (SU!); ribbon (American Crafts); ZIG Writer (Kuretake Co); thread

1 comment:

Helen said...

This is a fab card - so bold and funky! I love the colours, too!