Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More craft bazaar items....part 1

Okay, I have so much to show you, I think I'm going to have to split it up into 3 parts! For this first one, I'll show you the beaded jewelry. First up: a black/blue Mother of Pearl necklace with black obsidian glass beads (sorry for the funky lighting on all of these...took them in the early AM):
The closeup at the top is a bit better of a representation on the color of these MOP beads...mostly grays and black, with just a hint of blue like only sea shells seem to have. Love it.

The next one is mostly foil-lined red seed beads, with small vintage 'flower' spacers and a large vintage red bead for the pendant piece:
The third I just could NOT get a good picture of the entire necklace. For some reason the cracked-glass beads and the Mother of Pearl ovals confused the camera's auto-focus in the shots of the whole thing. It's a simple necklace without a pendant, though, so this close-up will give you as good an idea as any:
Love the deep charcoal tones of the MOP mixed with the silver seed beads and the clear cracked glass. I had forgotten how much I loved making jewelry... In some ways it is similar to card making (still dealing with composition and color choices and balance), but I missed the rhythm of the beading.

Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

1 comment:

Ryann said...

These are gorgeous!!