Friday, September 5, 2008

Birthday Creative Juices!

Wednesday was the birthday of my dear friend, Melinda (aka PassionFruit), and because he DH was on-call, we decided to have Creative Juices (our monthly-ish stamping get-together) on her birthday! Really, what's better than stamping on your birthday, right? *wink*

First up, I'll show you the card I made Mel for her b-day...if you've been to my SCS gallery in the past week, you may have already seen this:

The base is a piece of Wild Wasabi, cut to 8 1/2" x 7 3/8", then scored halfway on the short side to make a card that fits in a standard letter envelope (the Scor-Pal has special lines on it just for this kind of fold, marked with a small triangle/arrow). The finished size ends up being ~8 1/2" x 3 5/8". The background paper is from Scenic Route - I knew Mel would love the green, and to make it coordinate with my image, I colored some of the stripes in using an orange Prismacolor. (This is something I've been doing a lot to get 'custom' papers that coordinate with other papers or the way I've colored an image...check out Friday's post - I colored the polka dots in with orange there, too.)

The image and the sentiment were stamped in Chocolate Chip, and the image was colored with my Prismacolor pencils...now that I've fished them back out, I'm in love with them again!! I'm so much better at coloring with pencils than markers, especially with the Prismacolors, since they blend so well. I mounted both on Soft Sky panels, and adhered the matted image panel to the background with foam tape. The ribbon for the sentiment is adhered to the back on the right side (after I tied the knot in it), then runs all the way around teh back, and through the Hodgepodge Hardware loopy thing, then attached to itself with two more brads...love how that looks!

NOW - on to our Creative Juices cards. Mine was already posted on Wednesday (the 'Way of Travel' card with the cute little campers), so I'm just going to show the other two cards we made. (FYI: Kathryn (aka Spicy V-8) and Dolores (aka Jamba) were also there, but we don't all make cards to share, or we'd be up all night!! *smiles*)

This card was made by Chris (aka Razzleberry, aka my DMIL):

The image was stamped on an embossed white panel, then colored in with colored pencils. We added the two little black eyelets, adhered the black panel to the back of the image panel, attached some rick rack to the bottom, and then everything was adhered to the light blue base (I think it's Bashful Blue). Quick, but super cute, and a perfect masculine card.


Melinda (aka PassionFruit, aka the Birthday Girl) made this cute little cupcake card, using the new Cupcake Affair set from Verve:

The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye (it's from Mel's huge pack that *she* bought at Costco...lol!), and is a full quarter-sheet size (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") on top of a white card base. The image(s) and sentiment are stamped using Chocolate Chip, and then we colored in the flowers with Blender Pens and a Certainly Celery inkpad, and accented the centers with some green Stickles. The image circle is matted with a Certainly Celery circle. We adhered everything to the patterned paper, and tied on some brown satin ribbon.

Thanks for another great night of stamping and fun, Juices!! {{hugs}}

Back in a bit with the card I made for today's LSC!
~Michelle

Supplies used (Indulge birthday card):
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, and Soft Sky cardstock (SU!); striped paper (Scenic Route)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Stamps: August KOTM 'Remember Happiness' (Unity Stamp Company)
Other: foam tape (3M); Prismacolor Art Pencils (Sanford); HodgePodge Hardware (SU!); grosgrain ribbon

No comments: