Tuesday, September 16, 2008

MOPS activities...

Sorry I've been MIA...it's been a crazy couple of weeks! Even though my boys aren't school-aged, it's still the time of year when all the activities start up. For me, that means MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) and Tuesday morning Bible study (we're doing Beth Moore's Stepping Up ...it's fabulous!).

As I think I have mentioned before, I'm our MOPS group's 'craft chick', and for our first meeting last week, we made these business card holders (sorry, I only have a picture of the unstamped version...we stamped the outside with the Wild About You animals, since the year's theme is 'Adventures in Mothering'):
Inside is a pocket to hold the business cards:
I also made nametags for all the ladies who would be attending (8 each of 5 designs for our groups...giraffes, elephants, penguins, alligators, and lions), for the kiddos (theirs aren't pictured, but they're the elephant and the alligator, cut out around, and laminated to be pinned to their backs), and for our wonderful workers who watch all the little Moppets...they have the ones in badge holders.
So, as you can see, I have been busy! This past weekend we went to Disneyland and California Adventure on Friday and Saturday, and the boys had a blast! I'll post some photos later to show you some of the highlights. *wink*

Hope you have a fantastic day, and remember to stop by tomorrow to see my card for the Unity Customer Challenge hop! Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: unknown dp and cardstock (it's been handed down in the MOPS craft box!); pre-cut paper from nametag holders (Avery)
Ink: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, Not Quite Navy, Going Gray, Bashful Blue, More Mustard (SU!)
Stamps: Wild About You (SU!)
Other: chipboard (Office Depot); Velcro squares; pin-back nametag holders (not pictured), vertical badge holders (Avery)

No comments: