Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Two cards in one night!

DH went to bed early last night, so I had a chance to do a bit more playing!

The first card I made is a CASE of this one by Jennifer Buck, a DT member of Unity and one of this month's new Dirty Girls at SCS!! In honor of her induction, Angela posted a challenge to CASE (Copy and Share Everything) a card from the new Dirty Girl. (In case you're not an SCSer, the Dirty Girls are members of the Dirty Dozen, a group of 12 stampers that serve 6-month terms, with 2 new members each month, and the 2 at the end of their 6 month terms leaving each month.)

For my card, I kept the same set (Giggle Grove), but changed the stamp used. I also changed the colors, and used a patterned (or Designer Paper, aka DP) instead of the Cuttlebug embossed background, and paper-pieced the image rather than coloring. I kept the layout and layers.

I started with a half-sheet of Wild Wasabi cardstock, folded in half for the standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card size. Then I cut a panel of DP 1/4" smaller in both dimensions, a Very Vanilla panel 1 3/4" smaller than the base, and another VV panel 2" smaller than the base. I stamped the Giggle Grove tree twice: once on the smaller VV panel, and once on a piece of the DP, and paper-pieced the circles, popping them up on foam tape. I tied a piece of ribbon around, then adhered it to the larger VV panel with more foam tape. I taped everything to the base, and Voila! It was a fast, super easy card, but I love how it looks! Thanks for the great card to CASE, Jen!

Next up, I made a card for tonight's Creative Juices meeting, using yesterday's Sketch Challenge 194 (SC194)...which I'll be posting after gymnastics! *wink* It still needs something, and I need to figure out what that is before I take the pic! bwahahahah! So I'll blog ya later! *smiles*

Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Wild Wasabi and Very Vanilla cardstock (SU!); 'Spumoni' from the Two Scoops collection (Basic Grey)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (Tsukineko)
Stamps: Giggle Grove (Unity Stamps Co.)
Other: Foam tape (3M); ribbon (American Crafts)

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Very pretty. I love the bg you chose!