Friday, September 5, 2008

Unity Polka-dot Challenge

This was a super-quick card made for a challenge posted in Unity's Hip Hop Thursday forum yesterday. The challenge? Make a Unity card, using polka dots.

I ran upstairs, found the blue polka-dotted background paper, and a scrap of Pumpkin Pie already cut to 5" width, and half a sheet of Chocolate Chip for my base. So I colored in the polka-dots with a Mineral Orange Prismacolor to match, cut a scalloped edge with my corner rounder on one side of the Pumpkin Pie, and adhered the two together. On a scrap of Very Vanilla, I stamped this tree from Giggle Grove, then stamped it again onto a coordinating, smaller-scale polka dot paper, and paper-pieced the circles, popping them up using foam tape. I matted it on Chocolate Chip, tied on some satin ribbon, and adhered it to the background with more foam tape. After it was stuck to the base, I decided it needed a sentiment, so I found this one from my July KOTM, and stamped it in the corner using my Stamp-a-ma-jig (love that thing!!).

Voila! A card done in less than 25 minutes, including taking a photo, editing the photo, and posting it on SCS! Whew!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back later with our projects from Creative Juices on Wednesday!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie cardstock (SU!); patterned papers (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown (Tsukineko)
Stamps: Giggle Grove, July KOTM (Unity Stamp Co.)
Other: foam tape (3M); brown satin ribbon (Club Wedd by Target)

1 comment:

Tiff said...

OMG, That was me yesterday too! 20-25 minutes! I was crazy!

Your card looks so cute!!! I believe I left you some love in your scs gallery too!