Friday, February 13, 2009

HHH - Fabric Flowers

Happy Friday, and Happy Hip Hop Hangover!! (Sorry I'm late with this post...it's been a crazy morning!) ..Be sure to stop by the Unity blog to see who else has posts for this Friday!
Yesterday's Way to Use it challenge (WT205) at SCS was a good one...using fabric on your cards. Last June(?) I went with my friend to a quilt shop (she a quilter, not me), and picked up a pack of 6" squares of Moda fabric. The colors and patterns were so vibrant and fun, I just had to have it for inspiration. So, I pulled that pack off my display bar, and got to work:
I used my Cuttlebug and flower dies to cut flowers from the solid coordinating fabrics (for a thin fabric like this, I had to add 2 cardstock shim pieces), cut a tiny hole at the center of each one, rolled them in my hands so they would fray a bit, and layered them together with a silver brad.

Next, I stamped the verse from Something Within onto a scrap of Whisper White using Real Red ink, and distressed the edges. I matted it with Taken with Teal CS, and cut another panel of TwT, and tore a panel of one of the fabrics, then built the card using Jen's Sketch For You To Try from this weekend on an A2-sized base of Kraft CS.

Hope you have a wonderful day, a very Happy Valentine's Day, and a great weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Taken with Teal (SU!)
Ink: Real Red (SU!)
Stamps: Something Within (Unity Stamp Co.)
Other: 'Fresh Squeezed' fabrics (Moda); foam mounting tape (3M); silver brads (Making Memories); Pop-up Glue Dots

11 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Very pretty!! Love the flowers!!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

awesome fabric embellies.

Kristen said...

ooo Michelle this is gorgeous! Congrats on having your gorgeous card on the Unity blog!!! :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very pretty I love your flowers that you added.

Melinda aka Passionfruit said...

What a lovely card, and having your card on the Unity blog is very cool! I love that pinwheel stamp.

Dawn K. said...

this card is stunning!

Shemaine said...

Beautiful card, I really love the flowers!

Ashley said...

Michelle, this is fabulous! I love your flowers!

Kerry said...

I love those fabric flowers and I am definitely going to have to try to make some of my own! They add such a great texture to the card!

Karen said...

Very nice, those fabric flowers are great!

Erin Kersh said...

Michelle, this is gorgeous -- I wish I had a whole box of these delicious cards to enjoy and send to family and friends!