Friday, February 6, 2009

Just say it...

(pssst...If you're here for the Unity HHH post, it's the next one down! *wink*)

Today's Limited Supply Challenge (LSC206) was to 'Say what you feel'...make a card where the *only* stamp you use is a sentiment. I don't feel this way today, but believe me, there are days where this quotation from W.C. Fields completely speaks to me!

This time, I started with the DP...a fabulous piece of Cosmo Cricket that I *never* would have picked up on my own. (Not because I don't like it, but because it's not "me", or at least not the old "me". The new, *growing* "me" is absolutely lovin' it. So, "thank you" to my darling, 4-year-old son for grabbing it at the LSS!)
I cut the DP to 3 3/4" x 5", then a 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" panel of Basic Black for a thin mat, and mounted both to a standard A2 card base of Very Vanilla. Then I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of VV, and mounted it to a piece of DP from the same line of Cosmo Cricket. I cut four circles of DP and Basic Black using my punches, and began layering them onto the card base, threading some black grosgrain through a couple, and adding foam tape to portions of the DP circles (see the first pic for a close-up of that). I taped the grosgrain down on both sides of the card, and trimmed the ends, adding a black metallic snap to keep it from falling off the card. Last, I attached my sentiment panel over the top using foam tape.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend! I have a few more projects to share with you, so stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black CS (SU!); 'Picnic' and 'Blowing Bubbles' DP (Cosmo Cricket 'Hello Sunshine')
Ink: Pumpkin Pie (SU!)
Stamps: Edgy Eloquence (SU!)
Other: black snap (We R Memorykeepers); black grosgrain (unknown); foam mounting tape (3M)

1 comment:

AJ said...

Michelle- I just LOVE this card! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
the paper is great, the circles are great! and I am glad your son grabbed the pp for ya! ;) good choice!!!