Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary...

...to my sweet, darling husband and me!

Here's a photo of us, on the last day of our honeymoon in Catalina (taken with the timer). We had a fantastic suite at the Hotel Metropole overlooking the bay in Avalon. We're thinking about going back (sans children) for our ten-year anniversary *smiles*
This is the card I made for Philip for today:
It's a flap card (meaning it opens in the middle of the front, the seam is under the clock image), and I made it after looking through shellapoo's gallery for this week's Featured Stamper challenge. My card is based on this one by shellapoo...I kept the flap card design and the basic layout...I really liked the circle over the seam and the embellishment in the corner to balance the layout (of course, I had to make it more masculine...I'm not sure how well a flower would have gone over).

I stamped the image and the letters for the sentiment in Stazon Jet Black, because it is a 'true black'...there's no purplish tint to it. Then I cut the clock out with my Coluzzle, and cut a larger circle out of vellum. I free-handed the paper piercing around the edge of the vellum.

Here's an 'open' view so you can see better how the flap works:
Man, it's hard to take a good shot like this of a black and white card! I cut the flaps a bit longer, so that I could tuck the lower one between the upper flap and the clock image, which is mounted on dimensionals. This helps keep the card closed, and I also tucked the clock under the knot a bit to help even more. *Really should get some of those ultra-thin magnets for these kinds of cards!*

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Whisper White, Textured Basic Black cardstock (SU!); vellum (The Paper Company)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black (Tsukineko)
Stamps:
clock (Magenta); alphabet (Studio G - Michael's $1 bin)
Other: Dimensionals (SU!); jumbo snap and Crop-a-dile (We R Memory Keepers); paper piercing tool (Tim Holtz for Tonic Studios); ribbon (Michael's $1 bin)

4 comments:

valentina9 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
valentina9 said...

This is a fabulous card. I am sure your husband will love it. Happy Anniversary! Sorry I screwed up the last comment, blogger is playing games with me!

Philip said...

Thanks for the wonderful card :) Love you!

Dragana Skoro said...

Happy belated anniversary!!!