Sunday, August 31, 2008

Stack O' Birds

This little stack of birds is one of my favorite images from the Unity August KOTM (Kit of the Month). Isn't it just so adorable? So I had this little bird stack, already paper-pieced, sitting on my desk, *imploring* to be used. So I looked at Taylor's fabulous Cupcake Challenge Sketch for this week (TECC31) and thought it'd be perfect, I just needed to rotate it to a vertical orientation. Then I started on my card, and realized I had the makings for a card for the Limited Supplies Challenges (LSC183) to use something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. The old is the paper...it's 'Petal Patch', and is from 2 years ago! (I know, practically a dinosaur...) The new was my adorable little Unity image, the borrowed was Taylor's sketch, and the blue is in the striped paper, the sentiment, and the 'candy dots' at the corners.

*EDIT: Changed the photo to one taken in daylight *wink*

And the reason, of course, that I had to go with the night-time/light-bulb-yellowed photo, is that Taylor's Challenge is 'due' by 8am Pacific tomorrow. ...I figure as long as it's done, it'd be fun to *try* and win the coveted guest designer for next week, right? *wink*

Hope you are all having a fantastic Labor Day weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock; Petal Patch DP (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue (SU!)
Stamps: August KOTM 'REmember Happiness', Mix-up of Cuteness (Unity Stamp Company)
Other: foam tape (3M); pewter label holder (Making Memories); blue 'candy dots' (Pebbles, Inc.); Apricot piped ribbon (Martha Stewart Crafts)

5 comments:

Felicia said...

Cute cute card! Love the birds and the ribbon!

Kathryn said...

DArling - LOVE the birdies == so sweet! The card is fantastic! :)

Sankari W. said...

Love the flip of the sketch and how the stamped images and sentiment fit perfectly vertically - your card is just so adorably Lovely!!!! That ribbon is beyond yummy!!!

Taylor said...

Totally cute! Love those birdies! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Anonymous said...

too cool-with any luck something like this card will come along to the Juices meeting on Wednesday!