Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A bug of a different color...

Here's a quick, easy-peasy card for today's Unity Junkies Wednesday Challenge, and also today's Sketch Challenge at SCS. The amazing Ms. Tanis brought us today's challenge, which was to "use the Primary Colors: Red, Blue and Yellow or tones of the three colors". I'll admit it, that scared me at first. Then I remembered this adorable polka-dot paper from Daisy D's, and the ladybug from Cute as a Bug, and the card came together really fast (especially since I had a sketch to work from).


I stamped the ladybug onto Very Vanilla, and again onto my polka-dot DP, and paper-pieced it using foam tape under the wings. I colored the ladybug's body and head with my blender pen and some Wild Wasabi. I ticket-corner punched the panel, added a layered Prima flower with a brad, then attached it to a panel of So Saffron, then a panel of Brocade Blue. I cut three 1 1/2" squares from my DP, and three 1 3/4" squares from the Brocade Blue, and stamped 'hello' onto one of the dp squares, before attaching them to the blue squares. Then I cut a tiny slit in the folded edge for my ribbon, and adhered everything according to the sketch, using foam tape under the image panel. Like I said, QAS* and EPLS*!!

Thanks for stopping by today!
~Michelle

* Legend: QAS=Quick and Simple, EPLS=Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy *smiles*

Supplies used:
Paper: So Saffron, Brocade Blue, Very Vanilla CS (SU!); Polka-dot DP (Daisy D's)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black (Tsukineko); Wild Wasabi (SU!)
Stamps: Cute as a Bug; 'hello' from Tiny Trinity (Unity Stamp Co.)
Other: blender pens (SU!); flowers (Prima Marketing); brad (Karen Foster); foam tape (3M)

26 comments:

FibreJunky said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm such a sucker for Ladybugs - and yes, I do have that stamp. I may have to CASE this one. It is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so cute!! I just love it!

Purple Princess said...

Super cute! I love that bug!

Jess said...

Love the bug! Leaving some Love.... *mwaaa!!!*

Tanis said...

I love this stamp...my daughter loves using it too :)
SO super cute!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE ♥♥♥

Rachel said...

ADORABLE!!!

Latisha said...

really cute Michelle!!

cathy said...

Very cute card! It is perfect for the challenge!

Michelle said...

So Cute! This card is adorable!!!

Lee said...

Ohhhh gosh is this aaaaaaaa-dorable!!!! I love the dp!!!

Robynccgirl said...

Super cute ladybug!!!

Gretchen said...

Great card Michelle! I love how you paper pieced the bug! Happy Hip Hop EVE!

Kristen Carll said...

hey chicky! such a cute card! :)

Stephanie Niavez said...

Very cute bug!!!!

Joy said...

beautiful, beautiful, as always!

Scrapacat said...

This bug is the bomb!! I mean it - stinking cute!!

Jacqueline said...

Super cute! Love it!!

Kathy H said...

Super CUTE ladybug...very adorable cards...

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute Michelle!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet and how cute are you with your Lemon Squeezey? LOL!

Lindsay Spencer said...

I love it! Paper piecing is one of my favorite techniques.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

How cute is that bug!!!

Kelly Braund said...

Love it, love it, love it! So fun!

lori vliegen said...

cute, cute cute! love the ladybug!

Lori said...

This is the cutest thing! Love the paper pieced ladybug--perfect for the challenge.

Flor Larios Art said...

I am a ladybugs lover. I love this one. Just beautiful!