Friday, November 14, 2008

HHH Bitty Poinsettia Gift Tag

It's time for another 'Hip Hop Hangover' blog hop! Angela has a list of people on her blog that will be posting a card or project today...go check it out!

Today I have just a simple little gift tag for you (it measures approximately 2 3/4" x 3 1/2"), using the poinsettia image from Bitty Christmas Tags. *Did you know it's only 40 days 'til Christmas??*

I started by stamping my image onto Whisper White CS, and cutting it into an oval using my Coluzzle. I colored it in using my blender pens and a combination of Cranberry Crisp, Ruby Red, and Bordering Blue ink. After sponging the edge with Bordering Blue ink, I adhered it to a scrap of Bordering Blue CS, and trimmed around it closely (by eye...I don't have an oval template that size) using my scissors. That was adhered to a punched scalloped oval of Riding Hood Red, then I pierced each scallop of the oval with my craft pick. The red oval was attached to a Basic Gray CS base using foam tape for dimension. (You can't tell in the photo, but I also coated the poinsettia with a Sakura Glaze Pen...it shines IRL).

And in case you're wondering where I got that color combo, check out this pic:

Yep, pulled it straight from my DS's shirt! *smiles*

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

(p.s. - I *will* be back later with that review of ShortCuts...it's just going to be a long post, so it's not done yet! *wink*)

Supplies used:
Paper: Whisper White, Bordering Blue, Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray CS (SU!)
Ink: Cranberry Crisp, Ruby Red, and Bordering Blue (SU!); Stazon Jet Black (Tsukineko)
Stamps: Bitty Christmas Tags (Unity Stamp Company)
Other: Foam mounting tape (3M); Glaze Pen (Sakura)

11 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Super cute!! Adorable inspiration!!

Tanis said...

Love that poinsettia! It makes a very pretty tag!
Happy Friday!

JenMarie said...

CUTE ~ tag and the lil one!

kyllimarjaana said...

How nice ..Yes only 40-days to go..

Watt-Hayes Family said...

cute tag! your lil guy is adorable

FibreJunky said...

Bite your tongue!!!! I refuse to think about Christmas in terms of days. Yet.
First I have to think about how many days until my youngest's 10th birthday. THEN I can think about Christmas.

Lee said...

What a sweet tag and an adorable little guy!!

Heather said...

Love this!! I love the colors you used!!

Shaela said...

so cute! and what a great place to find inspiration :)

Tami Grandi said...

what a cute tag! and great place to find inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Love the tag and the picture! Truly adorable.