Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hip Hop Cutie Pie Love Note

Another Unity Hip Hop Thursday challenge card!! This one was to make a card using more than one ribbon. I decided to go simple and use this adorable pie image from Fall Festival. I stamped the pie using Stazon Timber Brown, then colored it in with a blender pen and Distress inks, and sponged the edges with more Distress ink. I punched a scalloped circle out of this mystery scrap of Bazzill, and the cut the pie out using my Coluzzle. Since the image is smaller than most Unity images, I thought it'd be perfect for a little love note for my son, so I cut a 6" x 3" piece of Ruby Red to make a 3" square card base, and mounted both circles to it using foam tape. I stamped 'cutie pie' from Mix Up of Cuteness at the bottom, and tied on two ribbons at the fold. Another easy peasy card! *smiles*

Thanks for stopping by (again)!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Ruby Red, Very Vanilla CS (SU!); mystery light orange CS (Bazzill)
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown (Tsukineko); Distress Spiced Orange Marmalade and Aged Mahogany (Ranger Industries); Close to Cocoa (SU!)
Stamps: Fall Festival, Mix Up of Cuteness (Unity Stamp Company)
Other: checked ribbon (Offray); sheer ribbon (JoAnn's); foam tape (3M); Stamp-a-ma-jig (SU!)

No comments: