Sunday, November 2, 2008

Two Cards for Two Challenges

I was finally able to make stuff this weekend!! I made two cards this weekend, one for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge (TECC40), and one for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge (WSC64).
This card is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge (which is a sketch challenge that has an emphasis on cupcakes, since Taylor loves them...they're not required, just a suggestion). I decided to make a monochromatic square card with my new Dream Tree single from Unity.
The base is a 5"x10" piece of Chocolate Chip card stock, folded to create a 5" square card base. I cut a 4 5/8" x 2 1/2" panel of Creamy Caramel, which I embossed using my Cuttlebug 'Birds and Swirls' embossing folder, and a second panel of Au Chocolat dp, sized 4 5/8" x 2 1/4". I covered the seam with some chocolate satin ribbon, adhered all the way around the card, with the tails left at the side for a tailored, masculine look. I stamped the Dream Tree using my Essential Glue Pad, and covered it with chocolate brown glitter, then added some half-back pearls for extra interest. That was mounted to a panel of Chocolate Chip (keeping the same 3/16" mat all the way around), which was attached to the card base with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White, and cut it and the Chocolate Chip circle out using my Coluzzle. I scalloped the edge of the CC circle using a corner rounder, and attached it to the card using foam tape (with two layers of foam at the bottom-right edges). The second card is actually the one I made first, while testing out my ability to stamp after my surgery. (Just FYI, stamping does make use of your stomach muscles, especially if the stamp is large...so now you can count stamping as 'exercise'! *wink*). It has minimal stamping (only on the Ruby Red panel).
The base is 4 1/4" x 11" Chocolate Chip card stock, folded to create a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" A2-sized base. I cut a 4" x 5 1/4" panel of River Rock, and scalloped both ends using my corner rounder. I stamped a panel of Ruby Red with this little daisy from Unity's Daisy Days kit, and adhered it to the bottom half of the River Rock panel, and tied some chocolate satin ribbon at the seam in the center. I created the daisy medallion using SU!'s 'Messenger' Accents and Elements kit and a Hodge Podge Hardware snap (both now retired) , and adhered it to a Very Vanilla circle using foam tape. I mounted that to a scallop-punched Chocolate Chip circle, and attached that using more foam tape. I left this one without a sentiment, so that I can have it on-hand for some future occasion (and will add an appropriate sentiment when the need arises).

Whew! Long post...but stay tuned tomorrow to see what *else* I made this weekend! (I promise, it's good! *wink*)

Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

Supplies Used (Mine by Choice card):
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White card stock, Au Chocolate DP (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!); Essential Glue Pad (Tsukineko)
Stamps: Dream Tree from 'Growing in Unity' kit, Mine by Choice from July KOTM '...It's the Little Things' (Unity Stamp Co.)
Other: Brownstone glitter (Martha Stewart Crafts); pearls (Michael's); satin ribbon (Club Wedd at Target); foam tape (3M); corner rounder (EK Success)

Supplies Used (Messenger Medallion card):
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla, River Rock card stock (SU!)
Ink: Ruby Red (SU!)
Stamps: Daisy Days (Unity Stamp Co.)
Other: 'Messenger' Accents and Elements kit, Antique Copper Hodge Podge Hardware snap (SU!); punches (Marvy Uchida); corner rounder (EK Success); satin ribbon (Club Wedd at Target); foam tape (3M)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cards are soooo breathtaking!

Lindsay Spencer said...

Both are wonderful!!

Kathryn said...

Both cards are Beautiful!
LOVE that Tree card -- so elegant and the little pearls are the perfect touch! So pretty! :)

Taylor said...

Sooo pretty! I love that pretty tree image from Unity! Thanks for playing the challenge!

lori vliegen said...

your cards are beautiful! thanks for sharing your wonderful techniques with us...and i'm so happy to hear that stamping can now be part of my exercise routine (or actually, the ONLY part of my exercise routine!).

Anonymous said...

lovely! Hello to you from Oaxaca where I am looking for new and different things to use at Juices! Continue your speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

I love this! Spectacular!!