Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Felt snowflake joy! (CI32)

(Note: although this mostly fits the Unity Junkies' Challenge, my real card is in the next post *wink*)

Did you know it's only ONE MONTH until Christmas? To get everyone in the holiday mood, Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge is a Christmas-y one of red and shades of white and cream...so elegant:
And I know I said I wouldn't be having time to do this, but I'm proving myself to be a liar, apparently. There's not much I can do to help my DH and his dad, so I'm keeping the boys out of their way, and away from the noise and dust....and the craft room upstairs is a pretty good place to do that. *wink*

While I was at Wally's World this morning picking up a box fan and filter for Philip, I also spotted a pack of Martha Stewart Crafts 13" Eyelet Doilies (3 per package!) made of felt, and *knew* they'd be perfect for crafting. Just think of how many embellishments I'll be able to get out of one pack! And then I saw the Kristina had a new Color Inspiration Challenge up, and everything came together perfectly!
I used a circle template, and cut out two eyelet images including the border, and one without. Then I cut two of the smaller daisy-shaped parts. I also cut a portion of the scalloped outer border to use later. After stamping 'Joy' from The Snowflake Spot using Versamark, I arranged the 5 snowflake/flower pieces on a A2 card base of Riding Hood Red (this one is 4 1/4" x 11" folded in half), and attached them using a combination of mini glue dots and silver brads.

Then, I adhered a 1" wide strip of Whisper White to a 1 1/8" wide strip of Sahara Sand, and mounted that over the edge of the scalloped border I cut previously, using foam tape to match the height. Last, I tied on a piece of woven ribbon that matched the Sahara Sand over the layered panel:
I absolutely love that ribbon! It has a slight sheen, almost metallic-looking, and the texture is fabulous. The only problem is that it warps if you pull it too tight, and frays easily when tying into a knot or bow...but I'm completely willing to overlook those problems for the extra touch it gives my card. *wink*

Thanks for stopping by (again) today!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, and Sahara Sand CS (SU!)
Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko)
Stamps: The Snowflake Spot (SU!)
Other: felt embellishments (Martha Stewart Crafts 13" Eyelet Doilies); Silver Brads (Making Memories); Mini Glue Dots; woven ribbon (Michael's $1 spot)

15 comments:

Kara said...

love the felt shapes!!
kara

Lauree said...

great card. love the snowflakes!

Lindsay Spencer said...

I love it love it love it! This is really super cute Michelle!

Unknown said...

Wow, it's such a great card.

Brandi said...

Love this card!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Very Mod! Love it.

lori vliegen said...

this card is fabulous (and i LOVE your lollipop card from yesterday, too!)! have a great thanksgiving! :)

Anonymous said...

cool and modern! ~Donna

Anonymous said...

Wow, this turned out fabulous! I really like that ribbon, too!

Cindy

Dori Shelton said...

So very creative! Fabulous card!

Carol Dunstan said...

wow, very striking card

Savitri said...

This is AWESOME!!! WOWSER, definitely a winner!

Anonymous said...

That is one super duper cool card! :)

Kimberlee said...

Cute.

Kristen said...

Why can't I find those MS felt doilies anywhere?!! Please point me in the right direction.