Sunday, November 9, 2008

I {love} Boden kids' clothes!

I'm back! This time with a card for yesterday's Inspiration Challenge at SCS, using Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketch. (I know, I've been making stuff like crazy...I told you I had too much stampy-ness built up from my week + post-surgery stamping exile!)

Here's the inspiration piece (from Boden kids' clothing) that I used for my card:
As soon as I saw that Boden shirt/outfit, I knew exactly what I was going to do with my card...I immediately thought of the 'Love' stamp from the Unity September KOTM 'Friendship. Love. Miracles.', and knew I was going to incorporate the colors and those fun striped leggings. This is what I came up with:
I started with a Kraft 5 1/4" square card base, and cut two panels 2 1/2" x 5" - one from Ruby Red CS, and the other from this striped Au Chocolat DP. I colored most of the vanilla stripes in the DP with my Prismacolor pencils (sorry, that doesn't show up so well) in shades of brown, red and pink to mimic the tights. I put pink brads at each outside corner before attaching the panels to the card. Then, I stamped 'Love' onto a Pink Pirouette scrap using Ruby Red ink, and cut around it in a heart shape (I made a template out of some copy paper first). I stuck that to a 2 1/2" square piece of Ruby Red, then attached the RR panel to a Chocolate Chip panel using foam tape. (The Choc. Chip layer is approximately 3" x 3 3/4", with the bottom scalloped using my small corner rounder). I tied on some picot-edged pink satin ribbon, then attached the panel to the case base with foam tape.

I think it turned out super cute, and that it captures the inspiration piece really well! What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by again! Hope you have a fantastic week!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, and Pink Pirouette CS, Au Chocolat DP (SU!)
Ink: Ruby Red (SU!)
Stamps: September KOTM 'Friendship. Love. Miracles.' (Unity Stamp Co.)
Other: pink brads (Karen Foster); small corner rounder (EK Success); picot-edged pink satin ribbon (American Crafts); foam tape (3M); Prismacolor Art Pencils (Sanford)

2 comments:

Taylor said...

So cute! I love what you did with the inspiration piece! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Scrappychick said...

Rockin' card!