Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cherry Lollipop Flower Card

I know, I said I wouldn't be doing blogging for a bit because of the kitchen reno...but when inspiration hits, you just *have* to make something, KWIM? Besides, there's not much else you can do at 9pm when the boys are asleep and your DH is scraping 'popcorn' off the ceiling (that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!)

This is a card for today's Unity Junkies challenge in the Unity forum...Carole picked this week, and here is her challenge: "As well as being thanksgiving, it's my son's 13th Birthday on Friday and his favourite colours are red and white (for Liverpool football club) ...so this weeks challenge is a red and white 'thankful' card". And here is what I came up with:
Isn't that lollipop flower a-dorable? I found a tutorial on how to make them last night on Label Tulip (check out this post: Scrap Love). So first I made the flower, then grabbed a half-sheet of Real Red to make my base (it's a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" A2-sized card). I stamped Distressed Dots onto the top portion of the card, and stamped the sentiment at the bottom using Stazon Jet Black. Then I dug around in my scraps and found the white and black card stock pieces. I adhered them together, and tied a black and white gingham ribbon around them, and attached the panel to the card. Then I attached my flower, using foam tape. Really, it was a rather CAS card, including the making of the flower. I think I may make a bunch of them in my favorite colors just to have on hand for these kind of cards! *wink*

Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check out the challenge thread to see who else is playing!
~Michelle

Supplies used:
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White CS (SU!)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black (Tsukineko)
Stamps: Distressed Dots, September KOTM (Unity Stamp Co.)
Other: 'Pearl' Adirondack Paint Dabber (Ranger Industries); foam tape (3M); ribbon (JoAnn's); brad (unknown)

2 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

Awesome card! I lvoe that flower!

Lori said...

Fabulous clean and simple card! I love the lollipop flower embellishment--gotta give that a try.