Saturday, November 1, 2008

What? It's November?

I can't believe it's November already! I thought I'd give you all a peek at what we made at the Creative Juices last month (sorry girls! Just realized I'd never posted these!)

Here is the card Chris designed for us to make:
Love the color combo of the Cranberry Crisp and Old Olive, and I'm really wishing Cranberry Crisp was still in the SU! color line-up...it was a favorite! We stamped the top portion of the card base with the leaf using Versamark, and used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the bottom half. I love how that kind of 'doubles' your paper presence without having to add a bunch of extra layers!

Melinda made this adorable one, using Unity's 'Hey Chick' stamp set:
Isn't that sentiment a hoot? It's so perfectly Mel! *wink* (In case you can't see it, it reads: 'If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.') Unfortunately, the white card base doesn't show up so well against the white background, but black seemed like it would be too harsh...I'm going to have to figure out another solution...

We paper-pieced part of the chick's tail with the same DP as the bottom panel, and accented with some Platinum Stickles...check out the sparkle:
Alright, that's all from me for now. I actually made something last night!! I'll be back later to show you, but for now I think it's time for a nap. *wink*

Hope you have a fantastic weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
~Michelle

3 comments:

Lindsay Spencer said...

Very cute!

Ryann said...

Love these cards! Great idea about using the CB for the bottom half panel. I may need to CASE your idea!

Brooke said...

super cute cards Michelle!! hope you had a fantastic weekend! :)